Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Manoel Pimentel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/09 18:54:44 UTC

Catch the element param in a action class

Hi to everyone,

Please, I need help :-).

Like are possible catch the values in a session using the
"ActionContext.getContext().getSession()", I want to know if have any way to
catch in a action class, the value of one parameter set in the struts.xml
file?

Example:
I need use in my Action class, the value set in a tag like: XLS inside a
action element.

Thanks for any help, ok?

Manoel Pimentel
www.visaoagil.com

Re: Catch the element param in a action class

Posted by Manoel Pimentel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris!

Good idea (why I never thought about this?), I will try this way, I think
that this tip will be much useful.

Tks,

Manoel Pimentel
www.visaoagil.com

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
One thing you can do is use the <param> tag in struts.xml (along with
the staticParams interceptor from the defaultStack) to inject the
value of a parameter into your action.

If you have something like this in your struts.xml:

<action name="login" class="my.company.controller.LoginAction">
  <param name="role">anybody</param>

Posted by Manoel Pimentel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Friends,