Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com> on 2014/12/05 18:45:31 UTC

[ANN] Heliosearch 0.09 (JSON Request API + Distrib for Facet API)

http://heliosearch.org/download

Heliosearch v0.09 Features:

o Heliosearch v0.09 is based on (and contains all features of)
Lucene/Solr 4.10.2 + most of 4.10.3

o Distributed search support for the new faceted search module / JSON
Facet API: http://heliosearch.org/json-facet-api/

o Automatic conversion of legacy field/range/query facets when
facet.version=2 is passed. This includes support for the deprecated
heliosearch syntax of facet.stat=facet_function and
subfacet.parentfacet.type=facet_param.

o New JSON Request API:
http://heliosearch.org/heliosearch-solr-json-request-api/

Example:
$ curl -XGET http://localhost:8983/solr/query -d '
{
  query : "*:*",
  filter : [
    "author:brandon",
    "genre_s:fantasy"
  ],
  offset : 0,
  limit : 5,
  fields : ["title","author"],  // we could also use the string form
"title,author"
  sort : "sequence_i desc",

  facet : {  // the JSON Facet API is nicely integrated as well
    avg_price : "avg(price)",
    top_authors : {terms : author}
  }
}'

This includes "smart JSON merging" including support for a mixed
environment of normal request params and JSON objects / snippets.

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.org - native code faceting, facet functions,
sub-facets, off-heap data

Re: [ANN] Heliosearch 0.09 (JSON Request API + Distrib for Facet API)

Posted by Mike Murphy <mm...@gmail.com>.
Very nice, I like the integration of request parameters, parameter
substitution, and the handling of multiple JSON snippets.
This is starting to feel nicer than elasticsearch even!
You just need to round it out a little more now.
--Mike