Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org> on 2020/03/25 05:06:16 UTC

Kafka-on-Pulsar: bring the native Kafka protocol support to Apache Pulsar

Hi all,

We are super excited to share that StreamNative and OVHcloud have just
open-sourced the Kafka-on-Pulsar (a.k.a KoP) protocol handler today. KoP is
a protocol handler that handles the Kafka 2.0+ protocol. It can be
installed to your Pulsar brokers (2.5.0 or newer version) to enable native
Kafka protocol support. By adding the KoP protocol hander to your existing
Pulsar cluster, you can now migrate your existing Kafka applications and
services to Pulsar without modifying the code.

Now you can use one Pulsar cluster to support both use cases. For example,
you can write a serverless Pulsar Function to process events produced by
Kafka clients.

The source code is available at https://github.com/streamnative/kop. You
are welcome to download and try it out! If you have encountered any issues,
feel free to reach out to Pierre Zemb, Jia Zhai and me via email or slack
channel. You can also find us at the `kop` channel on Slack. Issues and
pull requests are super welcome!

Pierre and I are also co-hosting a live webinar about KoP next Tuesday
(March 31st) at 10 AM PST / 6 PM CET. If you are interested in hanging out
with us online, sign yourself up -
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/9115851124625/WN_l_i-3ekDSg6PwPFn7tqRvA

Blog post:
https://streamnative.io/blog/tech/2020-03-24-bring-native-kafka-protocol-support-to-apache-pulsar/

- Sijie

Re: Kafka-on-Pulsar: bring the native Kafka protocol support to Apache Pulsar

Posted by Yuva raj <uv...@gmail.com>.
Awesome +1

--
Thanks

Yuvaraj L

Re: Kafka-on-Pulsar: bring the native Kafka protocol support to Apache Pulsar

Posted by Yuva raj <uv...@gmail.com>.
Awesome +1

--
Thanks