Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by "Cam Q. Mach" <ca...@inspur.com> on 2017/06/21 00:44:47 UTC

Couldn't start masters on AWS

Dear Kudu Dev,

I am setting up a kudu cluster with 3 machines (EC2 – M3, Centos 7), and each machine plays two roles (master and tserver). I tried to start the masters several time, but always run into error. I researched and asked around; I cleaned up the log and the cache in /var/lib/kudu/master/* , but didn’t help. Note: the master can talk to the other masters by telnet and ssh, the master die right after it started so not listening to the port 7051.

Attachment is log files for your references

(I used to setup a cluster successfully with the same configurations on-prime, but not this time ☹)

I am running out of ideas

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cam Mach

Re: Couldn't start masters on AWS

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Hi Cam Mach,

Were you able to make this work? I know Adar gave you some help on the
Slack channel but it's unclear to me if you got it to work, and if so then
what the issue was.

Thx,

J-D