Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/08/21 23:33:43 UTC

[site] Inconsistent HTML markup

Folks

I updated the source of the main project web site in
james/project/trunk

However, when I re-generate the site content with mvn site:site, I get
an inconsistent HTML markup (the resultant diff looks very noisy). I ran
the script to ensure consistent line delimiters but did not seem to have
helped. Any idea what may be wrong? Can this be a platform (I am using
Ubuntu 8.04) / maven plugin issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Oleg

Re: [site] Inconsistent HTML markup

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Oleg Kalnichevski ha scritto:
> Folks
>
> I updated the source of the main project web site in
> james/project/trunk

> However, when I re-generate the site content with mvn site:site, I get
> an inconsistent HTML markup (the resultant diff looks very noisy). I ran
> the script to ensure consistent line delimiters but did not seem to have
> helped. Any idea what may be wrong? Can this be a platform (I am using
> Ubuntu 8.04) / maven plugin issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

LOL... I did the generation, looked at what eclipse told me that changed
and it was a really clean change.
Then I committed and it resulted in a big diff.. so maybe this is an
issue with some tab/space/newline stuff, who knows.

BTW I think we should ignore similar issues. We cannot waste time around
the generated www in svn. Let's use our resources on src files, instead.

Stefano