Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Zhu, Wen-Jun" <we...@esgyn.cn> on 2018/01/05 01:43:02 UTC

a error when compiling hbasetmlib2

Hi,

When I pulled the newest code and compiled, I met this error in the output of the command `make`:

cd /home/adamas/tmp/trafodion/core/sqf/src/seatrans/tm/hbasetmlib2; make        ##(SQF)
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/adamas/tmp/trafodion/core/sqf/src/seatrans/tm/hbasetmlib2'   ##(SQF)
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/home/adamas/tmp/incubator-trafodion/core/sqf/export/include/seabed/trace.h', needed by `Linux-x86_64/64/dbg/hbasetm.o'.  Stop.  ##(SQF)

What goes wrong here?

I thought there was something wrong with the newest code. But then I opened a new shell, and cloned a new copy from github,
and it compiles well. Is this related to environment variables? How can I figure out which variable cause this problem?

Thanks.

Regards,
Wenjun Zhu

答复: a error when compiling hbasetmlib2

Posted by "Zhu, Wen-Jun" <we...@esgyn.cn>.
Yes, you are right.

I checked the environment variables, and they contains ' incubator' yet. Re-source the `env.sh` would not solve this problem(I guess it should?).

So open a new shell(drop the existing environment variables) and then source `env.sh` would be a proper way to avoid this problem.

Thanks a lot.

Looks like there were still references to incubator-trafodion (which were not satisfied):
" make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/home/adamas/tmp/incubator-trafodion/core/sqf/export/include/seabed/trace.h', needed by `Linux-x86_64/64/dbg/hbasetm.o'.  Stop.  ##(SQF)"

As part of 'make', some components create files (dependency files) that contain a list of files - that spells out the list of dependencies (generally .h files). Don't think the dependency list is re-created if the dependency file(s) already exist.

Doing a  'make clean' should clean (generally) up the dependency files.

Thanks,
-Narendra

RE: a error when compiling hbasetmlib2