Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/01 09:15:13 UTC

Stanbol Jenkins builds on Windows

Hi all,

Some recently added Jira Issues (STANBOL-768, STANBOL-810,
STANBOL-811) do point to windows specific issues.

AFAIK no Stanbol developer does Windows at the moment. Because of that
there is no real test if Stanbol does work on Windows. Even more
troubling is the fact that in cases where such issues are reported it
is really hard to track down and fix Windows specific issues.

Because of that I would really like to have a Jenkins build on Windows.

WDYT
Rupert

Re: Stanbol Jenkins builds on Windows

Posted by Andrea Taurchini <at...@gmail.com>.
Dear Rupert,
as you certainly remember I work on Windows platform.
I can tell you that unfortunately on Windows there are a lot of problems
not present under other platforms. I tried different platform for
deployment (Ubuntu, centoOS, MacOS, ...) and with no doubt Windows is the
buggiest. If you like, even if I have a limited experience on JAVA, I can
help you. Just tell me how.

Thanks.

KR,
Andrea