Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by TheWinch <vi...@thalesgroup.com> on 2009/07/03 11:22:36 UTC

[SMX4] Registry + Dynamic endpoint activation by OSGi ?

Hi everyone,

http://servicemix.apache.org/5-jbi.html#5.JBI-Endpointactivation here , it
is said that the endpoint activation is the process by which an endpoint
publishes its service(s) to the NMR. This is typically something that would
be done by a plugin Activator in OSGi.

My questions are:
- when I deploy a SU in ServiceMix4, is the endpoint activation performed in
a auto-generated bundle, or by the internal engine ?
- are endpoints published to the OSGi registry, and if no, what would I need
to do so (my first guess would be a hand-written Activator that publishes in
the registry)
- corollar to my 2nd question: what is provided in the OSGi registry in
ServiceMix4 ? Name of the services ? WSDL ? Only the ServiceEngines and
BindingComponents ? Nothing of that ?

Last question : do you think it would be possible to dynamically generate a
SU using only the OSGi Registry services to look for services ?

Re: [SMX4] Registry + Dynamic endpoint activation by OSGi ?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
To be notified of endpoints, a better way might be to register a
service in OSGi implementing:
    org.apache.servicemix.nmr.api.event.EndpointListener
Or track all services in the registry implementing:
    org.apache.servicemix.nmr.api.Endpoint

And the answer to your second question is no.  In both case, you'll
have at the end an service register which implements
   org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployer.ServiceAssembly

But the best way is the one I indicated above, tracking endpoints at
the NMR level is easier.  Because it's the lower level, you're sure
that you won't miss anything.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 14:57,
TheWinch<vi...@thalesgroup.com> wrote:

> Thank you! These explanations + a bit of source browsing make the picture
> very clear. From what I understand, if I register an OSGi listener to track
> down EndpointWrapper registrations, then I will be able to get an idea of
> every service that has been deployed. I have 2 more questions:
>
> 1. In which jar is EndpointExporter provided ?
> 2. What of "regular" 3.2.3 SUs ? I mean, if I deploy a SMX3.2.3 installer,
> will an EndpointWrapper and a DeployedAssembly be registered in OSGi as well
> ?
>
> From my experiments with the OBR and the console, I would rather answer
> "yes" to my second question, but asking directly to the source does not hurt
> :-).

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: [SMX4] Registry + Dynamic endpoint activation by OSGi ?

Posted by TheWinch <vi...@thalesgroup.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Usually, when a deploy an OSGi packaged SA in smx4, everything will be
done through the EndpointExporter.

 <bean class="org.apache.servicemix.common.osgi.EndpointExporter" />

I've added some more informations at the bottom of the following page:
  http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4NMR/3-deploying-jbi-components-without-the-jbi-packaging.html

Hopefully it will answer some of your questions.  If you need more
infos, please ask again ... ;-)

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 11:22,