Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Dominique Devienne <DD...@lgc.com> on 2002/12/13 18:45:12 UTC

RE: possible to have variables in tasks?

All properties set during the execution of the target called by <antcall>
are lost (out-of-scope) when the <antcall> _returns_! And the usual
immutability rule still applies. One must can dependent targets executed
conditionally (using if/unless attributes) to set properties visible to
others tasks. --DD

Posted by Andy Kriger <ak...@greaterthanone.com>.
Even w/in the ant task being called by antcall, you cannot set
properties/params based on the incoming params?

Example:
<target name="caller">
	<antcall target="callee">
		<param name="type" value="tst">
	</antcall>
</target>

<target name="callee">
	<!-- I know this doesn't work but this is what I'm after -->
	<param name="dir.src" value="/src-${type}"/>
	<param name="dir.clz" value="/clz-${type}"/>
</target>