Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Halit Soylemez <mu...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/14 14:38:01 UTC

Help with echarts

Hello,

I would like to use the following template again:
https://echarts.apache.org/examples/zh/editor.html?c=geo-svg-lines
 In order to modify the map and put a map that I own for fun.
However I don't understand the use of the $.get

What does this $ correspond to?

I thank you in advance

--
Halit SOYLEMEZ
BASR 22 : Bachelor Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux

Re: Help with echarts

Posted by Zhongxiang Wang <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Halit,

`$` is an alias of the `jQuery` namespace and it's used to fetch the
corresponding resource by specified URL.
In ECharts examples, `$.get` [1] and `$.getJSON` [2] are most often used.
You can refer to the jQuery Ajax documentation [3] to learn more.

Of course, you can also use any other request utilities, such as the
built-in `XMLHttpRequest` [4] / `fetch` [5] API or the `axios` [6] library.

Regards.

[1] https://api.jquery.com/jQuery.get/
[2] https://api.jquery.com/jQuery.getJSON/
[3] https://api.jquery.com/category/ajax/