Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kalidoss MM <mm...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/05 13:33:08 UTC

Issue with Java Client code

 Hi,

    We have created a Java EmbeddedSolrServer Client Code, I can able to
add, delete, update the Solr content - At the same time i cant able to
search the updated conente from the Running Solr client(jetty) web
interface.

    My requirement is, All search need to happen from/by running web
Solr(jetty, 8983) and all write should happened from Java client code.

    Both(jeety and javaclient) are using 'Core0' as core name, and both data
directory, schema, solrconfig are same. - is there any fix available??

    Case1:
        1) solr started in 8983 port as Core0,
        2) Running a java client(Core0) to add one record say "hitest", with
commit
        3) when i search for hitest, am not getting any result,
        4) after i restart the solr(8983) and search for 'hitest' am getting
the result.

   -
      - both Solr, java client is using the same dada directory, schema.xml,
         solrconfig.xml
         fyi: even this java client is working when solr is not started

    is it possible to handle the read/search by webinterface, and all write
from java-client(with out http) ????

Thanks in advance,
Kalidoss.m,

Re: Issue with Java Client code

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jan 5, 2009, at 8:25 AM, Kalidoss MM wrote:

> Is it possible to issue the commit to the Solr Server from that java
> code it
> self??

Of course... using CommonsHttpSolrServer#commit

	Erik

Posted by Kalidoss MM <mm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.