Posted to user@struts.apache.org by chubi <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2008/03/12 08:10:59 UTC

Message Store with Redirect Action

Hello,
I have this problem that I cannot come to solve it
I have two actions: editFeature and saveFeature. When editFeature should
submit successfuly to saveFeature the latter performs and redirects
transparently to editFeature again.
When validation fails, I get back to editFeature without error messages
being shown above correspondant fields.
I read a previous thread talkin about the same problem and giving a
satisfying solution with the store interceptor.
Here is my struts actions:

 <action name="editFeature"
class="com.intelligile.lms.webapp.action.FeatureAction" method="edit">
			<interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
			<interceptor-ref name="store">
				RETRIEVE
			</interceptor-ref>
            <result>/WEB-INF/pages/featureForm.jsp</result>
            <result name="error">/WEB-INF/pages/featureList.jsp</result>
        </action>
        <action name="saveFeature"
class="com.intelligile.lms.webapp.action.FeatureAction" method="save">
			<interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
			<interceptor-ref name="store">
				STORE
			</interceptor-ref>
            <result name="success" type="redirect">features.html</result>
            <result name="input" type="redirect-action">
				editFeature.html
				true
				${feature.dkey}
			</result>
        </action>

Please help me figure out where the problem exists.
Thank you for your support.
Best regards.