Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by TNO <tn...@free.fr> on 2010/04/14 16:52:38 UTC

GridPager with go to a choosen page number

Hi everybody,

I'm working on display a huge list (60 000 elements) with 20 per page.
I've defined my own GridDataSource to get only the data that I display
in a classic Grid component.
It's very easy and it works fine ! Thanks to Tapestry...

But now, I want to add a textfield and a button (go to page number) to
the GridPager of my Grid.

It's seems less easy.
Did somebody already create a new GridPager ?
How can I defined my own GridPager without create a new Grid component ??

Thanks, Thomas

How to customize GridPager component

Posted by Daniel Henze <dh...@googlemail.com>.
  Dear community,

I have some particular requirements for displaying data and did already
extend the Grid to provide some custom template. Now I have the need to
customize the grid pager as well, but am failing so far. I started off
with duplicating the code and then changed beginRender method to create
more customizable code (basically additional divs for css styling).

In my Grid class I do set the pager to my class (MatchpatchGridPager)
with standard parameters as before:

@Component(parameters = {
             "source=dataSource",
             "rowsPerPage=rowsPerPage",
             "currentPage=currentPage",
             "zone=zone" })
     private MatchPatchGridPager pager;

But when executing the code I get the following exception:

de.matchpatch.components.MatchPatchGridPager cannot be cast to
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.GridPager

This approach did work fine for GridRows and GridColumns where I did
overwrite the template. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Daniel

Re: GridPager with go to a choosen page number

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

2010/4/14 TNO <tn...@free.fr>

> Ok I dit it, but in another simpliest way
>
> I create a form with a textfield in my Grid component.  I inject the value
> in the Grid with setCurrentPage

Nice

> thats'all
>
> thanks
>

> Le 14/04/2010 17:15, TNO a écrit :
>
>  Any example, please...
>>
>> Le 14/04/2010 16:58, Christophe Cordenier a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> 2010/4/14 TNO<tn...@free.fr>
>>>
>>>  Hi everybody,

>>> Grid
>>> component as the GridDataSource (can be obtained via @InjectComponent in
>>> your containing page)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Christophe Cordenier.
>>>

>>>  Thanks, Thomas

Christophe Cordenier.

Developer of wooki @wookicentral.com

Re: GridPager with go to a choosen page number

Posted by TNO <tn...@free.fr>.

Posted by TNO <tn...@free.fr>.
Any example, please...

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.