Posted to user@madlib.apache.org by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io> on 2016/12/09 19:48:55 UTC

[INTRODUCTIONS] I'm Greg, and I'm part of the Apache MADlib community

Dear MADlibers,

I thought it would be fun to get to know some of the other people in the
community.

My name is Greg Chase and I run community development for Pivotal for big
data open source communities that Pivotal contributes to.

Some of you may have seen my frequent emails about virtual events I help
organize for user and contributor education.

The most fun I've had with MADlib to date is the chance to interview Joe
Hellerstein about the origins of the project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGPZwpB92Aw

I always enjoy the super interesting data science discussion we've had in
the MADlib community calls.

These days I'm much more of a marketer than a coder, but I still love
hearing about the kinds of projects that MADlib users are involved in.

I know we'd all love to hear more about everyone else's projects, and how
you became a MADlib user.  So please introduce yourselves!

--
Greg Chase

Global Head, Big Data Communities
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data

Pivotal Software
http://www.pivotal.io/

650-215-0477
@GregChase
Blog: http://geekmarketing.biz/

Re: [INTRODUCTIONS] I'm Greg, and I'm part of the Apache MADlib community

Posted by Nandish Jayaram <nj...@pivotal.io>.
Hi!

My name is Nandish Jayaram, and I am a senior software engineer at Pivotal.
I started contributing to MADlib this February and it has been a great
pleasure doing that! I have worked on grouping support for elastic net and
sessionization among other things in MADlib.
Before joining Pivotal, I was pursuing my PhD at UT-Arlington where I
focused on improving the usability of query systems for large heterogeneous
graphs. I have also interned at HP-Labs and IBM Research in the past.

I am super excited about MADlib's roadmap and look forward to collaborating
with the community to make MADlib even more awesome! :)

NJ

Posted by Orhan Kislal <ok...@pivotal.io>.
Hi MADlib,

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.