Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Yusuf Aaji <yu...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/23 00:01:38 UTC

hiding some sub-folders from mr.anonymous

Hi,

I have managed to use the default* security classes with jackrabbit and used
the access policies in a good way so far.

But there is a strange behaviour I'm getting. If I grant everyone or
anonymous jcr:read on the root folder, I can't revoke that or override it on
any sub-folder no matter what the policies on that sub-folder is.

Is this ok, or am I missing something?

I mean I need Mr.anonymous to access my repo but I need to hide some folders
from him. Sorry anonymous, don't take it personal, but every business have
some confidential documents :)

any idea jackrabbit developers?!

BR,
Yusuf

Re: hiding some sub-folders from mr.anonymous

Posted by Yusuf Aaji <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alex, It working wonderfully now.. Strange how the specs doesn't
cover such a usecase, really useful and required.

BR,
Yusuf

Posted by Yusuf Aaji <yu...@gmail.com>.
thanks a lot Angela, this make great sense.

BR,
Yusuf

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi yusuf

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Yusuf Aaji <yu...@gmail.com>.
I guess I found something usefull here

*JCR* 2 only defines the ability to add privileges. You need to use the
*Jackrabbit*-specific *JackrabbitAccessControlList* to add a "deny" access
control entry.

http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/Help-with-JCR-2-access-control-td2403697.html

thanks again Justin :)

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Yusuf Aaji <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have managed to use the default* security classes with jackrabbit and
> used the access policies in a good way so far.
>
> But there is a strange behaviour I'm getting. If I grant everyone or
> anonymous jcr:read on the root folder, I can't revoke that or override it on
> any sub-folder no matter what the policies on that sub-folder is.
>
> Is this ok, or am I missing something?
>
> I mean I need Mr.anonymous to access my repo but I need to hide some
> folders from him. Sorry anonymous, don't take it personal, but every
> business have some confidential documents :)
>
> any idea jackrabbit developers?!
>
> BR,
> Yusuf

*Yusuf Aaji*
Solutions Developer
*Mob. +966 561527193*

GCC Standardization Organization
P.O.Box 85245 Riyadh 11691, KSA
www.gso.org.sa

Re: hiding some sub-folders from mr.anonymous