Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/09/24 04:51:34 UTC

[ANN] www.Apache.org website built by Velocity/Anakia!

In a most stunning display of coolness...

    <http://www.apache.org/>

-jon

Re: [ANN] www.Apache.org website built by Velocity/Anakia!

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>.
Jon Stevens wrote:

> In a most stunning display of coolness...
>
>     <http://www.apache.org/>
>
> -jon

What next: Apache, the sub project of Jakarta? He, he, just kidding...

I think the line from Big Daddy is in order: "Good job buddy!".

Bojan

PS. It should be 'Anakia is a great tool' not 'great tools'.

Re: [ANN] www.Apache.org website built by Velocity/Anakia!

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 9/24/01 6:35 AM, "Brian Lloyd-Newberry" <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jon,
>
>   You and Geir and the rest of the Velocity team should take a bow.
> This is really great!
>
>   I assume that they are "generating" static pages and "publishing"
> the pages into a place that Apache can serve them up. Is this accurate?

They are using the same technique that Jakarta has been using since I
switched it to Anakia. Anyone can build the pages locally and then you check
them into a docs directory in the 'site' module in CVS. Then, those files
are checked out on the live server with a cvs update.

>   BTW, I talked to an old coworker of mine the other day and found
> out that they too are using Velocity (they are also using turbine). It
> really is getting to be a "small" world.
>
>   Congrats to all!

Thanks!

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 9/24/01 9:35 AM, "Brian Lloyd-Newberry" <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   BTW, I talked to an old coworker of mine the other day and found
> out that they too are using Velocity (they are also using turbine). It
> really is getting to be a "small" world.

Smaller the better, in this case :)

System and Software Consulting
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb

Re: [ANN] www.Apache.org website built by Velocity/Anakia!

Posted by Brian Lloyd-Newberry <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Jon,

    You and Geir and the rest of the Velocity team should take a bow.
This is really great!

    I assume that they are "generating" static pages and "publishing"
the pages into a place that Apache can serve them up. Is this accurate?

    BTW, I talked to an old coworker of mine the other day and found
out that they too are using Velocity (they are also using turbine). It
really is getting to be a "small" world.

    Congrats to all!

-Brian

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 9/23/01 10:51 PM, "Jon Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> In a most stunning display of coolness...
>
>   <http://www.apache.org/>

Heh.  Long live Velocity (and Anakia :)