Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Muralisankar Srinivasan <mu...@gmail.com> on 2023/09/28 02:22:26 UTC

Jakarta migration issue in Tomcat 10.1.12 with Java 11

Dear Users,
I am facing the following Exceptions from the Java Maven application which
is migrated from Javax to Jakarta, using "jakartaee-migration-1.0.7". The
application was successful in "Apache Tomcat Version 9.0.64".

Please suggest the dependencies to be added in pom.xml for resolving these
issues. The current environment is " Apache Tomcat Version 10.1.12" and
"jdk-11.0.2".

*XMLNS:*
*sub-jaxws.xml:* <endpoints version="2.0" xmlns="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-ws/ri/runtime">

*web.xml:* <web-app xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee;http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_1.xsd"
version="3.1">

*web.xml: *
<listener-class>com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener</listener-class>

*web.xml:*
  <servlet-class>com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServlet</servlet-class>

*Exceptions:*
1. jakarta.servlet.ServletException:
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletException: WSSERVLET11:
failed to parse runtime descriptor: A WebService annotation is not present
on class:

2. jakarta.servlet.ServletException:
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletException: WSSERVLET11:
failed to parse runtime descriptor: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.sun.xml.ws.api.WSBinding.getFeature(Ljava/lang/Class;)Ljavax/xml/ws/WebServiceFeature;

3. jakarta.servlet.ServletException:
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletException: WSSERVLET11:
failed to parse runtime descriptor: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.sun.xml.ws.security.impl.policy.EncryptedParts.hasNestedAssertions()Z

4. jakarta.servlet.ServletException:
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletException: WSSERVLET11:
failed to parse runtime descriptor: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.sun.xml.ws.security.impl.policy.ValidatorConfiguration.getNestedAssertionsIterator()Ljava/util/Iterator;

Muralisankar Srinivasan

Re: Jakarta migration issue in Tomcat 10.1.12 with Java 11

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
28 Sept 2023 03:22:26 Muralisankar Srinivasan <mu...@gmail.com>:

> Dear Users,
> I am facing the following Exceptions from the Java Maven application
> which
> is migrated from Javax to Jakarta, using "jakartaee-migration-1.0.7".
> The
> application was successful in "Apache Tomcat Version 9.0.64".
>
> Please suggest the dependencies to be added in pom.xml for resolving
> these
> issues. The current environment is " Apache Tomcat Version 10.1.12" and
> "jdk-11.0.2".

Editing the pom isn't going to fix this.

What command did you use to convert your Java EE 8 war file that works
with Tomcat 9 before you tried deploying it on Tomcat 10?

I suspect you need to use the EE profile rather than the Tomcat profile.

Mark