Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/06/19 13:35:59 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "SolrRelevancyFAQ" by ShalinMangar

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ShalinMangar:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRelevancyFAQ

The comment on the change is:
Added note on giving low boosts

      Use something of the form recip(rord(myfield),1,1000,1000)
      http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/search/function/ReciprocalFloatFunction.html

+ == How do I give a very low boost to documents that match my query ==
+ In general the problem is that a "low" boost is still a boost, it can only improve the score of documents that match. One way to fake a "negative boost" is to give a high boost to everything that does *not* match. For example:
+
+        bq=(*:* -field_a:54^10000)
+
+ TODO: If "bq" supports pure negative queries then you can simplify that to bq=-field_a:54^10000
+
  == TODO ==
   * shorter fields score higher