Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Skladov, Victor" <Sk...@his.de> on 2002/03/12 16:53:49 UTC

FOP Update in Cocoon?

Hi to all!

Can anybody tell me whether it is possible to update FOP Version in
Cocoon without downloading the new version of Cocoon itself?
At the moment I'm using Cocoon2 and all FO archives stand in WEB-INF/lib
directory.

Thanx in advance,
Viktor

Re: FOP Update in Cocoon?

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@arcfan.demon.co.uk>.
At 15:53 12/03/02, Skladov, Victor wrote:
> > Can anybody tell me whether it is possible to update FOP Version in
> > Cocoon without downloading the new version of Cocoon itself?
> > At the moment I'm using Cocoon2 and all FO archives stand in WEB-INF/lib
> > directory.

I'm trying to figure this out myself and sadly due to the odd API change
and XSL:FO spec change not all versions of Cocoon2 work with all versions
of FOP. The solution is to try updating your FOP.jar (and related jars) and
see if it still goes through your test suite. (You do have a test suite
don't you :-)

I currently have Cocoon2.0.rc2 installed on an NT 4 box in Tomcat 4.x and
unfortunately the FOP which comes with it does not work in this configuration.

Feel free to email me off list if you want further help.

Alex

Re: FOP Update in Cocoon?

Posted by Carlos Araya <ca...@cvc.edu>.
Not without a lot of headaches. Ask the question on the cocoon-users list.

Carlos

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

We cannot put off living until we are ready. The most salient
characteristic of life is its  coerciveness: it is always urgent,  'here and
now' without any possible postponement. Life is  fired at us point blank.
Jose Ortega Y Gasset