Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2006/08/31 10:14:11 UTC

HtmlFocusRenderer questions

Hi!

*) Any reason why the HtmlFocusRenderer imports dojo?

            DojoUtils.addMainInclude(facesContext, uiComponent,
javascriptLocation, new DojoConfig());
            DojoUtils.addRequire(facesContext, uiComponent, "dojo.event.*");

The only thing it do afterwards is something like
document.getElementById("").focus();

Should work without dojo too, no?

*) What about "rememberClientFocus", from looking at the renderer it
looks like this code wont work!? From decode:
        if(focus.isRememberClientFocus())
        {

focus.setSubmittedValue(RendererUtils.getStringValue(facesContext,
component));
        }

*) Why render a input hidden field? I think this was a try to make
rememberClientFocus work, but it looks like it is incomplete code.

I'll make the import of dojo optional (in case of rememberClientFocus)
and open a jira about the broken code if I am right with the above.
Any comments?

Thanks!
Ciao,
Mario

Re: HtmlFocusRenderer questions

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Mario Ivankovits schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> *) Any reason why the HtmlFocusRenderer imports dojo?
>
>             DojoUtils.addMainInclude(facesContext, uiComponent,
> javascriptLocation, new DojoConfig());
>             DojoUtils.addRequire(facesContext, uiComponent, "dojo.event.*");
>
> The only thing it do afterwards is something like
> document.getElementById("").focus();
>
> Should work without dojo too, no?

if it uses only document.getElementyById and not dojo.byId then yes...