Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Kartik Rustagi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/19 22:46:52 UTC

Hive import using sqoop1.99.2

Hi,

I have been using sqoop 1.99.2 for the past few days (new to hadoop and the
whole ecosystem around it) and I am unable to figure out how to do a
hive-import using this version of sqoop.

I tried creating a job using type as 'hive-import' but got an error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException Message: No enum const class
org.apache.sqoop.model.MJob$Type.HIVE-IMPORT

Any clues on how to go about doing a hive-import using sqoop1.99.2? My data
source is Postgresql database and I am successfully able to import data to
HDFS using sqoop.

--
Regards
Kartik Rustagi

Re: Hive import using sqoop1.99.2

Posted by Kartik Rustagi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jarek for the reply. I will try hive import with 1.4.3.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Kartik,