Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> on 2018/12/08 05:25:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Hi all,

Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
decommissioned.
If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.

According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:

> - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated) relocation
> - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
> - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
> This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.

If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
migrate it.
Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
February 7th.

Regards,
Akira

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <dc...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

-Dinesh

On 12/11/18, 3:10 AM, "Mukul Kumar Singh" <ms...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    +1
    -Mukul

    On 12/11/18, 9:56 AM, "Weiwei Yang" <ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

        +1

        On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 10:51 AM Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>
        wrote:

        > +1
        > --Anu
        >

        > On 12/10/18, 6:38 PM, "Vinayakumar B" <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
        >
        >     +1
        >
        >     -Vinay
        >
        >     On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, 1:22 pm Elek, Marton <elek@apache.org wrote:
        >
        >     >
        >     > Thanks Akira,
        >     >
        >     > +1 (non-binding)
        >     >
        >     > I think it's better to do it now at a planned date.
        >     >
        >     > If I understood well the only bigger task here is to update all the
        >     > jenkins jobs. (I am happy to help/contribute what I can do)
        >     >
        >     >
        >     > Marton
        >     >
        >     > On 12/8/18 6:25 AM, Akira Ajisaka wrote:
        >     > > Hi all,
        >     > >
        >     > > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
        >     > > decommissioned.
        >     > > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
        >     > > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
        >     > >
        >     > > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
        >     > >
        >     > >> - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
        >     > relocation
        >     > >> - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
        >     > >> - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
        >     > >> This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
        >     > >
        >     > > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA
        > and
        >     > > migrate it.
        >     > > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
        >     > > February 7th.
        >     > >
        >     > > Regards,
        >     > > Akira
        >     > >
        >     > >
        >     >
        >     >

        Weiwei Yang

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Subru Krishnan <su...@apache.org>.
+1.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Subru Krishnan <su...@apache.org>.
+1.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Subru Krishnan <su...@apache.org>.
+1.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Subru Krishnan <su...@apache.org>.
+1.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Mukul Kumar Singh <ms...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

    wrote:

    > +1
    > --Anu
    >

    > On 12/10/18, 6:38 PM, "Vinayakumar B" <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
    >
    >     +1
    >
    >     -Vinay
    >
    >     On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, 1:22 pm Elek, Marton <elek@apache.org wrote:
    >
    >     >
    >     > Thanks Akira,
    >     >
    >     > +1 (non-binding)
    >     >
    >     > I think it's better to do it now at a planned date.
    >     >
    >     > If I understood well the only bigger task here is to update all the
    >     > jenkins jobs. (I am happy to help/contribute what I can do)
    >     >
    >     >
    >     > Marton
    >     >
    >     > On 12/8/18 6:25 AM, Akira Ajisaka wrote:
    >     > > Hi all,
    >     > >
    >     > > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
    >     > > decommissioned.
    >     > > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
    >     > > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
    >     > >
    >     > > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
    >     > >
    >     > >> - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
    >     > relocation
    >     > >> - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
    >     > >> - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
    >     > >> This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
    >     > >
    >     > > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA
    > and
    >     > > migrate it.
    >     > > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
    >     > > February 7th.
    >     > >
    >     > > Regards,
    >     > > Akira
    >     > >
    >     > >
    >     >
    >     >

    Weiwei Yang

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Mukul Kumar Singh <ms...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

    wrote:

    > +1
    > --Anu
    >

    > On 12/10/18, 6:38 PM, "Vinayakumar B" <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
    >
    >     +1
    >
    >     -Vinay
    >
    >     On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, 1:22 pm Elek, Marton <elek@apache.org wrote:
    >
    >     >
    >     > Thanks Akira,
    >     >
    >     > +1 (non-binding)
    >     >
    >     > I think it's better to do it now at a planned date.
    >     >
    >     > If I understood well the only bigger task here is to update all the
    >     > jenkins jobs. (I am happy to help/contribute what I can do)
    >     >
    >     >
    >     > Marton
    >     >
    >     > On 12/8/18 6:25 AM, Akira Ajisaka wrote:
    >     > > Hi all,
    >     > >
    >     > > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
    >     > > decommissioned.
    >     > > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
    >     > > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
    >     > >
    >     > > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
    >     > >
    >     > >> - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
    >     > relocation
    >     > >> - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
    >     > >> - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
    >     > >> This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
    >     > >
    >     > > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA
    > and
    >     > > migrate it.
    >     > > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
    >     > > February 7th.
    >     > >
    >     > > Regards,
    >     > > Akira
    >     > >
    >     > >
    >     >
    >     >

    Weiwei Yang

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Mukul Kumar Singh <ms...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

    wrote:

    > +1
    > --Anu
    >

    > On 12/10/18, 6:38 PM, "Vinayakumar B" <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
    >
    >     +1
    >
    >     -Vinay
    >
    >     On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, 1:22 pm Elek, Marton <elek@apache.org wrote:
    >
    >     >
    >     > Thanks Akira,
    >     >
    >     > +1 (non-binding)
    >     >
    >     > I think it's better to do it now at a planned date.
    >     >
    >     > If I understood well the only bigger task here is to update all the
    >     > jenkins jobs. (I am happy to help/contribute what I can do)
    >     >
    >     >
    >     > Marton
    >     >
    >     > On 12/8/18 6:25 AM, Akira Ajisaka wrote:
    >     > > Hi all,
    >     > >
    >     > > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
    >     > > decommissioned.
    >     > > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
    >     > > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
    >     > >
    >     > > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
    >     > >
    >     > >> - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
    >     > relocation
    >     > >> - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
    >     > >> - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
    >     > >> This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
    >     > >
    >     > > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA
    > and
    >     > > migrate it.
    >     > > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
    >     > > February 7th.
    >     > >
    >     > > Regards,
    >     > > Akira
    >     > >
    >     > >
    >     >
    >     >

    Weiwei Yang

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Mukul Kumar Singh <ms...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

    wrote:

    > +1
    > --Anu
    >

    > On 12/10/18, 6:38 PM, "Vinayakumar B" <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
    >
    >     +1
    >
    >     -Vinay
    >
    >     On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, 1:22 pm Elek, Marton <elek@apache.org wrote:
    >
    >     >
    >     > Thanks Akira,
    >     >
    >     > +1 (non-binding)
    >     >
    >     > I think it's better to do it now at a planned date.
    >     >
    >     > If I understood well the only bigger task here is to update all the
    >     > jenkins jobs. (I am happy to help/contribute what I can do)
    >     >
    >     >
    >     > Marton
    >     >
    >     > On 12/8/18 6:25 AM, Akira Ajisaka wrote:
    >     > > Hi all,
    >     > >
    >     > > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
    >     > > decommissioned.
    >     > > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
    >     > > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
    >     > >
    >     > > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
    >     > >
    >     > >> - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
    >     > relocation
    >     > >> - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
    >     > >> - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
    >     > >> This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
    >     > >
    >     > > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA
    > and
    >     > > migrate it.
    >     > > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
    >     > > February 7th.
    >     > >
    >     > > Regards,
    >     > > Akira
    >     > >
    >     > >
    >     >
    >     >

    Weiwei Yang

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ab...@gmail.com>.
+1

wrote:

> +1
> --Anu
>

> On 12/10/18, 6:38 PM, "Vinayakumar B" <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     +1
>
>     -Vinay
>
>     On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, 1:22 pm Elek, Marton <elek@apache.org wrote:
>
>     >
>     > Thanks Akira,
>     >
>     > +1 (non-binding)
>     >
>     > I think it's better to do it now at a planned date.
>     >
>     > If I understood well the only bigger task here is to update all the
>     > jenkins jobs. (I am happy to help/contribute what I can do)
>     >
>     >
>     > Marton
>     >
>     > On 12/8/18 6:25 AM, Akira Ajisaka wrote:
>     > > Hi all,
>     > >
>     > > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
>     > > decommissioned.
>     > > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
>     > > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
>     > >
>     > > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
>     > >
>     > >> - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
>     > relocation
>     > >> - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
>     > >> - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
>     > >> This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
>     > >
>     > > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA
> and
>     > > migrate it.
>     > > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
>     > > February 7th.
>     > >
>     > > Regards,
>     > > Akira
>     > >
>     > >
>     >
>     >

Weiwei Yang

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ab...@gmail.com>.
+1

wrote:

> +1
> --Anu
>

> On 12/10/18, 6:38 PM, "Vinayakumar B" <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     +1
>
>     -Vinay
>
>     On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, 1:22 pm Elek, Marton <elek@apache.org wrote:
>
>     >
>     > Thanks Akira,
>     >
>     > +1 (non-binding)
>     >
>     > I think it's better to do it now at a planned date.
>     >
>     > If I understood well the only bigger task here is to update all the
>     > jenkins jobs. (I am happy to help/contribute what I can do)
>     >
>     >
>     > Marton
>     >
>     > On 12/8/18 6:25 AM, Akira Ajisaka wrote:
>     > > Hi all,
>     > >
>     > > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
>     > > decommissioned.
>     > > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
>     > > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
>     > >
>     > > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
>     > >
>     > >> - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
>     > relocation
>     > >> - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
>     > >> - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
>     > >> This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
>     > >
>     > > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA
> and
>     > > migrate it.
>     > > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
>     > > February 7th.
>     > >
>     > > Regards,
>     > > Akira
>     > >
>     > >
>     >
>     >

Weiwei Yang

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks Akira,

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Thank you Daniel for your answer!

-Akira

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Hi ASF infrastructure team,

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Hi ASF infrastructure team,

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Hi ASF infrastructure team,

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Hi ASF infrastructure team,

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On 12/11/18, 9:07 PM, "Brahma Reddy Battula" <br...@apache.org> wrote:

    +1

    On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
    > decommissioned.
    > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
    > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
    >
    > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
    >
    > > - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
    > relocation
    > > - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
    > > - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
    > > This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
    >
    > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
    > migrate it.
    > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
    > February 7th.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Akira

    --Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On 12/11/18, 9:07 PM, "Brahma Reddy Battula" <br...@apache.org> wrote:

    +1

    On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
    > decommissioned.
    > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
    > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
    >
    > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
    >
    > > - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
    > relocation
    > > - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
    > > - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
    > > This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
    >
    > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
    > migrate it.
    > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
    > February 7th.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Akira

    --Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Bharat Viswanadham <bv...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Bharat

On 12/11/18, 9:07 PM, "Brahma Reddy Battula" <br...@apache.org> wrote:

    +1

    On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
    > decommissioned.
    > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
    > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
    >
    > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
    >
    > > - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
    > relocation
    > > - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
    > > - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
    > > This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
    >
    > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
    > migrate it.
    > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
    > February 7th.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Akira

    --Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Bharat Viswanadham <bv...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Bharat

On 12/11/18, 9:07 PM, "Brahma Reddy Battula" <br...@apache.org> wrote:

    +1

    On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
    > decommissioned.
    > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
    > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
    >
    > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
    >
    > > - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
    > relocation
    > > - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
    > > - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
    > > This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
    >
    > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
    > migrate it.
    > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
    > February 7th.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Akira

    --Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On 12/11/18, 9:07 PM, "Brahma Reddy Battula" <br...@apache.org> wrote:

    +1

    On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
    > decommissioned.
    > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
    > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
    >
    > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
    >
    > > - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
    > relocation
    > > - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
    > > - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
    > > This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
    >
    > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
    > migrate it.
    > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
    > February 7th.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Akira

    --Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On 12/11/18, 9:07 PM, "Brahma Reddy Battula" <br...@apache.org> wrote:

    +1

    On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
    > decommissioned.
    > If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
    > migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
    >
    > According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
    >
    > > - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
    > relocation
    > > - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
    > > - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
    > > This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
    >
    > If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
    > migrate it.
    > Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
    > February 7th.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Akira

    --Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
+1

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
> decommissioned.
> If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
> migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
>
> According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
>
> > - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
> relocation
> > - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
> > - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
> > This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
>
> If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
> migrate it.
> Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
> February 7th.
>
> Regards,
> Akira

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks Akira,

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks Akira,

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks Akira,

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
+1

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
> decommissioned.
> If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
> migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
>
> According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
>
> > - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
> relocation
> > - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
> > - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
> > This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
>
> If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
> migrate it.
> Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
> February 7th.
>
> Regards,
> Akira

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
+1

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
> decommissioned.
> If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
> migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
>
> According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
>
> > - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
> relocation
> > - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
> > - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
> > This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
>
> If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
> migrate it.
> Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
> February 7th.
>
> Regards,
> Akira

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
+1

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Apache Hadoop git repository is in git-wip-us server and it will be
> decommissioned.
> If there are no objection, I'll file a JIRA ticket with INFRA to
> migrate to https://gitbox.apache.org/ and update documentation.
>
> According to ASF infra team, the timeframe is as follows:
>
> > - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary (coordinated)
> relocation
> > - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated) relocation
> > - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass migrated.
> > This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
>
> If we got consensus by January 9th, I can file a ticket with INFRA and
> migrate it.
> Even if we cannot got consensus, the repository will be migrated by
> February 7th.
>
> Regards,
> Akira

--Brahma Reddy Battula