Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Danny McKinney <da...@sungard.com> on 2009/01/27 21:50:22 UTC

svnadmin: dump/ dumpfilter Is it possible to filter out revision.

General Question on svnadmin dump?

            Is it possible to filter out revision to reduce the amount
of space taking up by subversion files? I have a repository around 57000
revisions that has been running for 3 yrs now and is around 1.5 G in
size. Also will there be any performance gains by reducing the number of
revisions saved, if it is possible to filter out.

Thanks

Dan

Danny McKinney * Senior Systems Engineer * SunGard * Asset Arena * 2300
Main Street Suite 400, Kansas City, MO 64108

Re: svnadmin: dump/ dumpfilter Is it possible to filter out revision.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 16:50, Danny McKinney
<da...@sungard.com> wrote:
> General Question on svnadmin dump?
>

>             Is it possible to filter out revision to reduce the amount of
> space taking up by subversion files? I have a repository around 57000
> revisions that has been running for 3 yrs now and is around 1.5 G in size.

Depending upon what's removed, attempting to do this may actually make
the repository larger.

1.5GB is tiny.

> Also will there be any performance gains by reducing the number of revisions
> saved, if it is possible to filter out.

Not enough to notice.