Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by fr...@snkmail.com on 2014/04/23 07:49:32 UTC

MPLUGIN-260 - Plugin that uses annotations in Java 8 source can't generate descriptor

Hi Everybody,

I stumbled over this issue
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-260) yesterday when trying to
make my project and its Maven plugin JDK 8-ready with lambdas and the
lot.

It appears that the issue doesn't appear with JDK8 bytecode per se as
described in the bug, but only if JDK8 specific features are used
(tested with lambdas and method references, JDK 1.8.0_05).

It'd be great to have this fixed soon, since it stops at least my
project from migrating to Java 8 (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).
As I haven't got an account with Jira, I can't vote for the issue to
give it higher priority.

However, I hope it might help to have a test case handy to reproduce
the problem, since MPLUGIN-260 hasn't got one yet, so I attached mine
to this email.

Please let me know if I can further assist to fix this bug.

Thanks,

Uwe Pachler

Re: MPLUGIN-260 - Plugin that uses annotations in Java 8 source can't generate descriptor

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 23 April 2014 15:19, <fr...@snkmail.com> wrote:

> As I haven't got an account with Jira, I can't vote for the issue to
> give it higher priority.

Click on the codehaus icon.
In the Introduction box you will see instructions for creating an account.

Re: MPLUGIN-260 - Plugin that uses annotations in Java 8 source can't generate descriptor

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
patch applied && snapshot deployed.
Have Fun
---
Oly

On 23 April 2014 15:49,  <fr...@snkmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I stumbled over this issue
> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-260) yesterday when trying to
> make my project and its Maven plugin JDK 8-ready with lambdas and the
> lot.
>
> It appears that the issue doesn't appear with JDK8 bytecode per se as
> described in the bug, but only if JDK8 specific features are used
> (tested with lambdas and method references, JDK 1.8.0_05).
>
> It'd be great to have this fixed soon, since it stops at least my
> project from migrating to Java 8 (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).
> As I haven't got an account with Jira, I can't vote for the issue to
> give it higher priority.
>
> However, I hope it might help to have a test case handy to reproduce
> the problem, since MPLUGIN-260 hasn't got one yet, so I attached mine
> to this email.
>
> Please let me know if I can further assist to fix this bug.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Uwe Pachler

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au