Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Woodchuck <wo...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/29 17:56:06 UTC

docbase="myapp.war" does not work correctly

i'm using tomcat 4.1.24

i have both unpackWARs and autoDeploy set to true.

i have a context for myapp defined:
<Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true">

tomcat is not expanding my myapp.war file.  why is this?  so after
reading archives people suggested setting docbase="myapp.war" so i did
that, but my application is not working correctly, there are run-time
nullpointer exceptions.

however, if i manually unpack my war, my app works fine, no errors.

why is tomcat not unpacking?  (or why does setting docBase="myapp.war"
not work 100%?)

Re: docbase="myapp.war" does not work correctly

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
that's just behavior you will have to live with if you insist on using an
ancient (by today's standards) version of Tomcat.  Upgrade to the latest Tomcat5
release and do docBase="myapp.war" and the WAR file *will* be unpacked.

Jake