Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Camilla Lumme <ca...@saunalahti.fi> on 2002/04/24 11:05:06 UTC

So... this ASP module...

Is it right that with Apache::ASP you can only use perlscript asp and if you
want to use M$ asp with for example Response.Write you need to buy chilisoft
thing that will cost you 500? If this is right then I feel it is a little to
expensive for one who only wants a good test bench for asp and cgi at home,
using the scripts for a non-commercial site. Is that right?

Re: So... this ASP module...

Posted by Subscribed <su...@myarchive.biz>.
Heck no! Chilisoft is free!

====================================
"It is said that if you line up all the cars in the
world end to end, someone would be stupid
enough to try and pass them."
====================================

Re: httpd.conf in apache 2

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
Camilla Lumme wrote:

> THank you.. but what command is that? I have the windows version. Tried
> apache httpd -1 and mod_perl sure wasnt listed there... But I suppose that
> was the wrong way...

Read carefully... That is a letter "l" in the switch - not a figure "1".

I mean to execute the apache binary on the DOS command line - don't you
just type "httpd -l"?

Rgds,

owen Boyle.

RE: httpd.conf in apache 2

Posted by Camilla Lumme <ca...@saunalahti.fi>.

Re: httpd.conf in apache 2

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
Camilla Lumme wrote:

> Okay, now I tested to add a <files> section with asp directives for
> Apache::ASP in the conf file:
> <Files ~ (\.asp)>
>     SetHandler  perl-script
>     PerlModule  Apache::ASP
>     PerlHandler Apache::ASP
>     PerlSetVar  Global .
>     PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
> </Files>
> Now apache says that "PerlModule not allowed here" whereever i put it. I
> removed PerlModule directive and get a server internal error. Is there any
> other directives to be used for apache2 and mod_perl 2, or is the only thing
> I can do go back to 1.30 and wait.
> I saw that lots of people had problems installing mod_perl on apache 2. I
> tried to install it, and cgi works, perl works and the localhost default
> index that came in htdocs says it is installed so i guess it is. If to
> theres anything about the installation I can help you with, I'll do my best.

I haven't used apache 2.0 yet so this is just a wild guess:

I suspect that your apache binary does not have mod_perl installed. This
is a prerequisite for apache ASP. Check your binary with "httpd -l" and
see if mod_perl is listed. If not, get a binary with it installed
(http://perl.apache.org/distributions.html).

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

httpd.conf in apache 2

Re: So... this ASP module...

Posted by Simon Oliver <si...@umist.ac.uk>.

No.  Read the docs at www.apache-asp.org

--
  Simon Oliver

RE: So... this ASP module...

Posted by James Green <ja...@stealthnet.co.uk>.
I have no idea about ASP, Perl or Chillisoft, but certainly it seems
expensive to build a non-commercial site.

Certainly the vast majority of ASP sites I've seen are corporate because
they can afford it and usually listen to marketing speak rather then
sensible technies.

If you're looking for a better solution you should try something that's
free... Perl.org and php.net spring to mind.

HTH

James.