Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by ke...@dice.com on 2000/11/15 21:05:50 UTC

ProxyPass logging and can I ProxyPass a filetype instead of a dir ectory?

Hey peoples,

Two questions:

1)  How can I make sure that the target of my ProxyPass directive is
actually serving up the pages?  I'm not seeing any logging and saw online
that I wouldn't normally. I know it sounds silly, but I have a really weird
environment and am doing some testing and need to know if I can get the
target server to log something.

2)  ProxyPass is very cool for directory stuff. Is there a way to make it
work for a filetype?  For instance *.epl -> http://somewhere.com/somedir

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Riggins
dice.com
email: kevinr@dice.com
email: kriggins@email.com
phone: (515) 313-2127

Re: ProxyPass logging and can I ProxyPass a filetype instead of a dir ectory?

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@develooper.com>.
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 kevinr@dice.com wrote:

> 1)  How can I make sure that the target of my ProxyPass directive is
> actually serving up the pages?  I'm not seeing any logging and saw online
> that I wouldn't normally. I know it sounds silly, but I have a really weird
> environment and am doing some testing and need to know if I can get the
> target server to log something.

I've no idea what you mean.

> 2)  ProxyPass is very cool for directory stuff. Is there a way to make it
> work for a filetype?  For instance *.epl -> http://somewhere.com/somedir

something like

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/(.*epl$)  http://somewhere.com/$1 [P]