Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/11 18:28:47 UTC

James 3 beta 4 POM.xml has multiple locations of configuration files

Hi All,

I am making a WAR out of James 3.0 Beta 4 version and found the property
files are in two locations pom.xml file has something shown below making
this duplicate copy.

*********
<resource>
                 <!-- override the destination directory for this resource
-->
                <targetPath>WEB-INF/conf/</targetPath>
                <excludes>
                <exclude>log4j.properties</exclude>
                <exclude>**/lib/**</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                 <!-- override the destination directory for this resource
-->
                <targetPath>WEB-INF/classes/</targetPath>
                <includes>
                <include>log4j.properties</include>
                </includes>
            </resource>
***********

When I am deploying the WAR into my application server, it is throwing
errors saying duplication of properties. Which is the preferred location of
properties so that we can avoid duplication.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Sai

Re: James 3 beta 4 POM.xml has multiple locations of configuration files

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Sai,
I guess WEB-INF/classes is better.

Feel free to submit a patch (also please ensure that the change does not
break the normal tar.gz packaging).

Thx, Eric