Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jonathan Goldstein <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/22 08:55:13 UTC

Proxy exclude pattern doesn't work

Hi,

When recording with a proxy server, I try to exclude files like '.gif',
'.js', '.jsp' since they aren't needed when I run the test. However, the
filtering works only partially. Less files are recorded, but I still get
'.gif', '.jsp' and '.js' files. Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,
Jon

RE: Proxy exclude pattern doesn't work

Posted by Scott Kentner <Sc...@choicepoint.com>.
Jon,

In our usage of Jmeter 2.2 and earlier, pattern matching in the
following form has worked 100%:

..*\.gif

SK

Has anyone else encountered such a problem?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 7 September 2010 13:18, SanderW <sa...@performancearchitecten.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It was a while ago since the last response.
> I just ran into the same issue where I excluded javascript-files (with
> .*\.js), but still saw some js-files being recorded.
>
> It seems to be related if the Path starts with '/_', because I noticed the
> following behaviour:
>
> /Pages/seach.js   --> Not recorded, hence correctly excluded
> /Pages/_layouts/seach.js --> Not recorded, hence correctly excluded
> /_layouts/seach.js --> Still being recorded.
>
> After I added .*\_.* to URL Patters to exclude the javascript-files were not
> recorded anymore.

There must be some other cause for this.

.*\.js

will match

/_layouts/seach.js

as can be seen by using the ORO demo application at

http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/demo.html

The additional pattern .*\_.* (which can equally well be written as
.*_.*) will match any string with an underscore in it.

Re: Proxy exclude pattern doesn't work

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14/01/2009, venn <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  sebb-2-2 wrote:
>  >
>  > JMeter uses regular expression matching on the whole of the URL, so
>  > you need to use something like
>  >
>  > .*\.gif
>  >
>  > .* - match anything
>  > \. - match a dot only
>  >
>  >
>  > .gif would match only
>  >
>  > .gif
>  > agif
>  > xgif
>  >
>  > etc.
>  >
>  > On 28/07/07, VijayKumar.Nandam@cognizant.com
>  > <Vi...@cognizant.com> wrote:
>  >> Use *\.jpg or the extensions u need to exclude...
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> Thanks,
>  >> Vijay Nandam
>  >>
>  >>

That should work.

>  After recoring a sequance of
>  actions, I can see, that tree has request on getting for "__utm.gif" file.
>  Why it is happened?

No idea, unless there is perhaps some spurious white space before or
after the RE.

>  May be symbol '_' should be include with help '\'? For
>  example "\/*\_*\_*\d*\w*\.gif" or "\/[\_A-z0-9]+\.gif"(now this is not
>  working)...

No, _ is not special - it is included in ".".

Re: Proxy exclude pattern doesn't work

Posted by venn <dm...@gmail.com>.

sebb-2-2 wrote:

> JMeter uses regular expression matching on the whole of the URL, so
> you need to use something like
>
> .*\.gif
>
> .* - match anything
> \. - match a dot only
>

> .gif would match only
>
> .gif
> agif
> xgif
>
> etc.
>
> On 28/07/07, VijayKumar.Nandam@cognizant.com
> <Vi...@cognizant.com> wrote:
>> Use *\.jpg or the extensions u need to exclude...
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Vijay Nandam

exclude. Next action  - restart of proxy. After recoring a sequance of
actions, I can see, that tree has request on getting for "__utm.gif" file.
Why it is happened? May be symbol '_' should be include with help '\'? For

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vi...@cognizant.com.

Posted by Jonathan Goldstein <go...@gmail.com>.
OK, nobody answered...

Posted by SanderW <sa...@performancearchitecten.nl>.
Hi Jens,
Thanks for your answer. That indeeds seems to be the case.

The path in the HTTP request only shows the part until .js.
The HTTP request also contains a parameter 'rev' with a dynamic value (e.g.
IRHfdsgfhff7474ehbh).

If I look at the request in the View Results Tree I see that the GET
consists of the path with the parameter
(<server>/_layout/search.js?rev=IRHfdsgfhff7474ehbh)