Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thomas Sattler <to...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/08 17:13:08 UTC

Struts2Builder 0.3.0 has been released

Greetings all.

I have posted a new release of Struts2Builder over at SourceForge.

Struts2Builder is a Java code generation system.  It will log into an
existing Postgres or MySql database, examine the metadata, and automatically
generate a real, live, functioning Struts2 / Spring / Hibernate CRUD
(Create, Read, Update, Delete) system for every table in that database, as
well as automatically generate all the pertinent configuration files.

It is intended to create a baseline, which you can build upon to create your
final customized application.

It can be downloaded (for free, of course) at http://struts2builder
.sourceforge.net.  I have provided it to the Struts community in hope it
helps everyone get their projects done faster.

This is the third released version of Struts2Builder.

▪ 0.1.0 was an initial release, intended to get the product out in the hands
of the community.  Our goal was to “make it work”.

▪ 0.2.0 was a feature enhancement release, adding complex primary and
foreign keys, as well as adding support for creating complex relationships
based on foreign keys.

▪ 0.3.0 is a cleanup release, making the generated code cleaner and more
readable.

Bug Fixes in 0.3.0
1. Whenever a Date field is a component of a complex primary key, the
primary key class will not compile due to a missing import. This has been
fixed.

As always, any and all feedback on Struts2builder is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom