Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Fernando <wh...@hotmail.com> on 2010/02/26 22:56:55 UTC

Fw: Wookie Key & Server Question

Hello,

Our server admin was not successful in setting up the Wookie server. Any chance that you're able to make heads or tails of the error messages shown below? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fernando

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.apache.1.server.ContextListener
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission user.dir read)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:342)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:553)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:549)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1302)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:669)
at org.apache.wookie.server.ContextListener.contextInitialized(ContextListener.java:70)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3934)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4429)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.access$000(ContainerBase.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$PrivilegedAddChild.run(ContainerBase.java:145)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:769)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:526)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:630)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:556)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:491)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1206)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:314)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:722)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:583)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:177)

in /var/log/tomcat6

That looks like Tomcat security policy kicking in. For development purposes its better to just run Tomcat without Security Manager enabled; otherwise you need to edit your catalina.policy file as described in http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/security-manager-howto.html

If you send a mail to the developer list (wookie-dev@incubator.apache.org) someone may be able to help you out there.

On 24 Feb 2010, at 15:42, Fernando Oliveira wrote:

  Hi Scott,

  Thanks for your email. The server admins were not successful in setting up the Wookie server. Any chance that you're able to make heads or tails of the error messages shown below?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 26/02/2010 21:56, Fernando wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our server admin was not successful in setting up the Wookie server.
> Any chance that you're able to make heads or tails of the error
> messages shown below? Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Fernando
>
> SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener
> instance of class org.apache.1.server.ContextListener
> (java.util.PropertyPermission user.dir read) at

This is a Tomcat configuration issue rather than a Wookie one. I'm no
Tomcat expert, but I did Google for the error you are seeing and found
the following which looks like it has a solution:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3664/6n5sbeo24?a=view

Ross

> java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:342)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:553)
> at
> java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:549)
> at
> java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1302)

at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:669)
> at
> org.apache.wookie.server.ContextListener.contextInitialized(ContextListener.java:70)

at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3934)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4429)

at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.access$000(ContainerBase.java:123)

at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$PrivilegedAddChild.run(ContainerBase.java:145)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:769)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:526)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:630)

at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:556)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:491)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1206)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:314)

at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:722)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:583) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at

at