Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geoffrey J Bourne <gb...@softconnect.com> on 2001/11/14 22:15:50 UTC

Class not found in import

When my JSPs compile, they can't find imported classes (for example javax.ejb.CreateException).

The above example is in the j2ee.jar file and I've included it in my CLASSPATH.  In fact, I've run javap javax.ejb.CreateException just to make sure.

Is there so where in Tomcat (on NT) that you can specify global jar files to include, or some eniviroment variable I'm missing?

Note, my J2EE_CLASSPATH, PATH, and CLASSPATH are all set.

CLASSPATH=e:\j2sdkee1.3\bin\j2ee.jar

The error is:
E:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\work\localhost\Fitch\EJBTester$jsp.java:9: Class javax.ejb.CreateException not found in import.
           javax.ejb.CreateException;

Thanks for the help.

-geoff