Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Roman Leventov <le...@apache.org> on 2019/02/25 22:24:29 UTC

"Bug Report" template and "Wish list" tag

I suggest renaming "Bug Report" to "Problem Report" (and not automatically
assign a "bug" tag) because sometimes the problems that are reported by
users are not the result of bugs in Druid, but, for example, misuse,
misconfiguration, use of old Druid version, etc. Druid committer assigns a
"bug" tag when he reads the issue and verifies that it's probably caused by
a bug.

I also suggest removing "Wish list" tag and not assign it in
"Feature/Change request" template automatically. Or rename it to objective
"Feature", or "Feature/Change". "Wish list" is subjunctive - who wishes
that change? The author? The community?

Re: "Bug Report" template and "Wish list" tag

Posted by Clint Wylie <cl...@imply.io>.
+1 for not auto assigning 'bug' label until confirmed bug, unsure if we
need a problem report label or not. I assumed the 'wish list' was the
author of the issues wishes, but yeah it is maybe ambiguous.

Posted by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Leventov <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org>.