Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Krishna Dhanekula <Kr...@sstech.us> on 2017/07/12 05:17:18 UTC

Metron Profiler 0.3.0: HbaseBolt not storing data to HBase Instance

I have an problem where profiled data is not storing to Hbase instance:

Installed metron profiler in ‘HDP-2.5.5.0-157’ with the help of this link:

https://metron.apache.org/current-book/metron-analytics/metron-profiler/index.html

Attached my profiler.properties and profiler.json files, remote.yaml and worker.log files.

Once I place the following message into kafka topic 'indexing'

[{"ip_src_addr":"10.0.0.1","protocol":"HTTPS","length":"10","bytes_in":"234"},{"ip_src_addr":"10.0.0.2","protocol":"HTTP","length":"20","bytes_in":"390"},{"ip_src_addr":"10.0.0.3","protocol":"DNS","length":"30","bytes_in":"560"}]

It's picked by splitterBolt and passed till HBaseBolt. But data is not getting stored to Hbase.

Attached metron-artifacts.zip

Attached storm-ui screenshot.storm-ui-screen.png

Please suggest what am I missing here.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
storm-ui-screen.png (17.4 kB)
metron-artifacts.zip (36.6 kB)

Regards,
Balakrishna

RE: Metron Profiler 0.3.0: HbaseBolt not storing data to HBase Instance

Posted by Krishna Dhanekula <Kr...@sstech.us>.
Here’s the screenshot with the profiler content and the PUSH command output.

[cid:image001.png@01D2FBAF.F0EA4820]

Regards,

Balakrishna Dhanekula

[http://www.sstech.org/images/logo.jpg]<http://server1.streamsend.com/streamsend/clicktracker.php?cd=2904&ld=12&md=256&ud=79d7ecb7c00913b6e28eb06831bb0553&url=http://www.sstech.us>
Plot No. 16, Sector-III,  HUDA Techno Enclave,
Opp. K. Raheja IT Park, Madhapur,
Hyderabad - 500 081, India.
Mobile : +91-9000334259
Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
Bala - I am trying to replicate the problem that you are seeing, but I have
not been able to.

I have also opened a PR to help better document the installation process.
Can you review the steps in this PR and make sure that you haven't
accidentally missed anything?  Also, do let me know if any of the steps do
not make sense.

https://github.com/nickwallen/metron/blob/75c3c88a56d817fc2791302c539c3ca354484b95/metron-analytics/metron-profiler/README.md#installation

https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/653

________________________________

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
Hi Krishna -

I did not look at your Profile definition.  Please include it in the body
of your email the next time you might need help.  I am a little hesitant to
open attachments on a public mailing list.  My apologies.

Keep in mind there are two places for what you might call 'settings'.

   - There are global settings for the "Profiler" (aka
   profiler.properties).  These are settings that apply globally to the Storm
   topology that consumes profile definitions and generates profile data.

   - There are also 'settings' that are unique to each Profile.  These are
   contained in what I call the Profile definition.  This defines how each
   individual Profile produces data.

Based on Simon's feedback, it seems that you are confusing some of these
settings.  Simon is referring to the 'expires' field in your Profile
definition that is documented here [1].

Please see the following links for more information.  If anything is not
clear in these links, please let us know.

   - Profile Definitions [2]
   - Configuring the Profiler [3]

--

[1]