Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Zhuonan Chi <jc...@windchill.com> on 2002/04/03 17:23:59 UTC

Unauthorized--Slide DAV Server

Hello,

I am a new slider, and using Slide 1.0.16 with Tomcat integrated. I got a "
Unauthorized" message when opening http://localhost:8081, and login with
radmin:radmin . Here is what i did :

1) edited myslide\server\conf\slide\slide.data

<!-- /users/root represents the administrator -->

        <objectnode classname="slideroles.basic.RootRoleImpl"
         uri="/users/root">
          <!-- Uncomment and change the password to allow login as root to
           edit the namespace -->
         <revision>
            <property name="password"
             namespace="http://localhost:8081/slide/">radmin</property>
          </revision>

        </objectnode>

2) added the following in myslide\server\conf\tomcat-users.xml
<user name="radmin" password="radmin" roles="tomcat,root" />

I am wondering where physically "/users/root" is mapped to , and do i need to
extract some .war files?

Thanks for your help.
-Julie

Re: Unauthorized--Slide DAV Server

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.
| Hi Julie,
|
| Am 03.04.2002 18:07:41, schrieb "Zhuonan Chi" <jc...@windchill.com>:
| >It works! Thank you . Another question is about Web Folder . I am running
NT
| system
| >, and did NOT see like "My Web Folder" to allow me to create a web folder
from
| my
| >desktop directly . How to create a Web Folder on my NT box and do i need
| have Mac
| >OS X Server installed on my system to support webdav ?
|
| I believe WebFolders was introduced alongside IE5.5 or something like
that, so
| you might just need to update IE.

Not exactly.

Webfolders are included into IE from version 5 to 5.5.
To have them you have to select Webfolder option during IE setup.

Webfolder have disappeared in IE6 so to setup them with IE6, you have to :
1) Install IE5.5, choosing webfolders option
2) Upgrade to version 6 without uninstalling version 5.5

Another way to install webfolders is to install miscro$oft sharepoint client
components that you can download as a trial from m$ website.

JP

Re: Unauthorized--Slide DAV Server

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Hi Julie,

Am 03.04.2002 18:07:41, schrieb "Zhuonan Chi" <jc...@windchill.com>:
>It works! Thank you . Another question is about Web Folder . I am running NT
system
>, and did NOT see like "My Web Folder" to allow me to create a web folder from
my
>desktop directly . How to create a Web Folder on my NT box and do i need to
have Mac
>OS X Server installed on my system to support webdav ?

I believe WebFolders was introduced alongside IE5.5 or something like that, so
you might just need to update IE.

-chris
 /=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

Re: Unauthorized--Slide DAV Server

Posted by Zhuonan Chi <jc...@windchill.com>.
It works! Thank you . Another question is about Web Folder . I am running NT system
, and did NOT see like "My Web Folder" to allow me to create a web folder from my
desktop directly . How to create a Web Folder on my NT box and do i need to have Mac
OS X Server installed on my system to support webdav ?

Thanks again for your help.
-Julie

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Hi Julie,