Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2001/10/15 06:23:34 UTC

StreamRepository woes and quick fix

I've been looking over the repository code that's causing problems, and I
just can't figure it out.  We've been cursed with this issue since we've
been using James over Avalon and the stream repository, so I've decided
another approach.  As the object repository never seems to give us problems,
I'm trying to use 2 object repositories.  I'm still reworking the code, but
this seems like a more stable long term solution.

In the meantime, I've committed the simplest of patches... instead of
getting a list of messages via the stream repository, I have it use the
object repository.  As the object repository always closes it's own
connections, this should be much more reliable.  This approach might cause a
bunch of stream files to fill up that directory, but that should take a
while, and in theory those files should eventually delete once the errant
stream is gc'd.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/