Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by dj...@correo.seguridad.unam.mx on 2004/07/03 19:42:46 UTC

Neither Spam nor Ham are stamped with "auto_learn" string

Hi list!!

All the Spam and the Ham that I have recieved, is not stamped with "auto_learn"
string eventhough "bayes_auto_learn" and "auto_learn" are 1, this is my
configuration to SpamAssassin in amavis-new :

****AMAVIS-NEW***********************
$sa_auto_whitelist = 1;
$sa_timeout = 30;
$sa_spam_subject_tag = '***Posible SPAM*** ';
$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -999;
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 3.0;
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 5.0;
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 10;

And te local.cf in SpamAssassin looks like this:

*****************************local.cf (Spamassassin)**********************

require_version         2.63
required_hits           5.0
rewrite_subject         0

subject_tag             *****SPAM*****
report_safe             1
use_terse_report        0

use_bayes               1
bayes_auto_learn        1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam      0.1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam         10.0
bayes_min_ham_num       200
bayes_min_spam_num      200
bayes_path      /var/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0770

auto_learn              1

rbl_timeout             8
use_razor2              0
use_dcc                 0
use_pyzor               0

ok_languages            en es
ok_locales              en

The only way I used to learn from my ham & spam is through the sa-learn tool...

Can you help me????

Re: autolearn problem

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 03:23 PM 7/12/04 -0500, David Jiménez Domínguez wrote:
>Hi lists!!
>
>I'm using Amavis-New with SA and Postfix. When I check the Spam in the
>quarantine directory, all the messages doesn't have the autolearn label in the
>headers (Neither autolearn=no, nor autolearn=SPAM / HAM). This is my local.cf:

Under amavis spamassassin does NOT generate the message headers or tagging,
this is ENTIRELY done by amavis itself, which only uses information that SA
provides.

Thus, the inclusion or not of an autolearn header is an amavis feature.

Also, for reference the example message in question would not have been
autolearned. The autolearn threshold is 10, the TOTAL message score was
11.8, but the pre-bayes score was substantially lower. Autolearning is done
based on calculating the message score as if bayes was entirely disabled
(no BAYES_* rules, and the appropriate change to using scoreset 0 or 1 is
made). This score can be vastly different from the total score.

Autolearning as spam also requires at least 3 points from header tests, and
this message had 0, so it wouldn't have learned for that reason as well.

Re: autolearn problem

Posted by Tom Meunier <to...@mvps.org>.
David Jiménez Domínguez wrote:

>Hi lists!!
>
>I'm using Amavis-New with SA and Postfix. When I check the Spam in the
>quarantine directory, all the messages doesn't have the autolearn label in the
>headers (Neither autolearn=no, nor autolearn=SPAM / HAM). This is my local.cf:
>
>bayes_auto_learn        1
>bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam      0.1
>bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam         10.0
>

>and this is an Spam header...

>What is wrong??? Please help me

The pre-Bayes score is not over 10.0, which is your threshold for
autolearning.  Without parsing the individual scores, keep in mind you
have to have a certain number of points from header and body tests also
- it looks like you have 0.0 from headers.

--
-tom

autolearn problem