Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl> on 2005/06/28 17:18:42 UTC

clientScriptingEnabled and localization

Hi,

Is there a way to have clientScriptingEnabled and have localized
messages for Java Script validation failures?

thx.

--
Cumquat Information Technology
De Dreef 19

Jan.Vissers@cumquat.nl
M +31 6 5 11 169 556

Re: clientScriptingEnabled and localization

Posted by dpr <dp...@lirosta.lt>.
This happens when default server locale is not English, I think.
Tapestry mixes locales somehow when rendering validation strings (when
server locale is not English).
Maybe is a bug?

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
This is not the behavior I'm experiencing,
and I use this approach all the time...
Perhaps (if you tried masking the ValidationStrings.properties file with
a dutch one)
that file is still in your classpath, causing the behavior you describe...
So, there may still be a
WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/tapestry/valid/ValidationStrings.properties
file, as well as the
WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/tapestry/valid/ValidationStrings_nl.properties
even if in your source folder there's only the latter.
If this is the case, just delete it (or delete all and recompile)...

Posted by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl>.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl>.
As a follow up question ...