Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Kapish Aggarwal <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/09 20:39:53 UTC

Default Namespace in DOMXMLStreamReader in integration branch

During the execution of the Node2XMLStreamReader transform operation,
a code path compiles properties into a list, namely the different
namespaces and their prefixes. The code allows for the special case
for the default namespace (in
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.xml.DOMXMLStreamReader: line
1224):

            if (XMLConstants.XMLNS_ATTRIBUTE_NS_URI.equals(attr.getNamespaceURI()))
{
                // Skip xmlns:xxx
                if (!attr.getName().equals(attr.getLocalName())) {
                    // Skip xmlns="..."
                    registerNamespace(attr.getLocalName(), attr.getValue());
                } else {
                    registerNamespace(XMLConstants.DEFAULT_NS_PREFIX,
attr.getValue());
                }
                continue;
            }

In the integration branch
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/branches/sca-java-integration),
however, the tabulation doesn't account for this case:

            if (XMLNS_ATTRIBUTE_NS_URI.equals(ns)) {
                nsList.add(new QName(attr.getValue(), "", attr.getLocalName()));
            }

When this transformation occurs, it tabulates the default namespace as
a prefix of "xmlns" resulting in a SOAP message with following
namespace definitions:

xmlns="..." xmlns:xmlns="..."

Was there a reason for this change in the integration branch or is
this a problem that needs to be fixed?

Kapish Aggarwal

Re: Default Namespace in DOMXMLStreamReader in integration branch

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Kapish and Scott.

Thank you for reporting this and providing a patch. I fixed it and a few
related issues under revision r516566.

BTW, your patch didn't go through the ML but I have the fix :-). Next time
please attach the patch to a JIRA.

Thanks,
Raymond

Assuming this was an oversight..attached is a patch in the integration
branch

On 3/9/07, Kapish Aggarwal < scakapish@gmail.com > wrote:
[...]

(
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/branches/sca-java-integration )