Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Matt Blair <me...@matthewblair.net> on 2012/09/20 22:41:50 UTC

Scripts/config not being rolled into package-dist artifact

Hey folks,

I'd like to roll Debian packages for Kafka, but the following SBT invocation isn't including anything in bin/ or config/ in the release zip:

`./sbt update package-dist`

Any ideas? I'm using the latest code on trunk here. Same goes with `release-zip`. I'm assuming config and scripts are supposed to be included based on this:

https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/project/build/KafkaProject.scala#L112

No big deal if I need to move files around, but it'd be kinda neat.

-Matt

Re: Scripts/config not being rolled into package-dist artifact

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

We added the release-zip target in a very old version of Kafka, but
never really maintained it after that. But we are open to accepting
patches if you'd be interested in contributing.

Thanks,
Neha