Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Ricles <jg...@alum.lehigh.edu> on 2016/05/04 19:24:49 UTC

Getting confusing websocket error message on Tomcat 7

I am trying to send a file over a websocket in binary and keep getting
this error

"code [1009], reason [No async message support and buffer too small.
Buffer size: [800,000], Message size: [131,170]]"

I am confused since it is saying the buffer size is too small but the
size is 800,000 and the message size is 131,170. What could be causing
this issue?

Re: Getting confusing websocket error message on Tomcat 7

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/05/2016 20:24, Jason Ricles wrote:
> I am trying to send a file over a websocket in binary and keep getting
> this error
>
> "code [1009], reason [No async message support and buffer too small.
> Buffer size: [800,000], Message size: [131,170]]"
>
> I am confused since it is saying the buffer size is too small but the
> size is 800,000 and the message size is 131,170. What could be causing
> this issue?

Compression? 131170 is the payload size (i.e. the compressed message).
The buffer needs to be big enough for the uncompressed message. That
error message was written before compression support was added. If this
is what is going on, the message looks like it could stand some improvement.

Mark