Posted to wsrf-dev@ws.apache.org by "Springer, Ian P." <ia...@hp.com> on 2004/11/12 00:32:54 UTC

RE: WS-DM & WS-Security

Chuck,

Nope, security is currently not addressed, but eventually it will be. I
know it's a high priority for Globus. And, yes, the idea will be to
leverage WS-Security, which is what the MuWS spec recommends. We'll use
the Apache impl - WSS4J (http://ws.apache.org/ws-fx/wss4j/) and will
probably need to put some "hooks" in the WS-RF/WS-N/MuWS impls to make
everything work. I don't think we'll get to security until post-February
though, so in the meantime, you could use SSL and/or HTTP-Basic-Auth,
but that won't give you fine-grained control (i.e. at the operation
level).

That's good news that MS has a WS-A impl!

Ian

Re: WS-DM & WS-Security

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
We have all the pieces too. go to WS-FX (http://ws.apache.org/ws-fx/)
and you can find both WS-Addressing and OASIS Web Services Security
implementaions. The idea at http://ws.apache.org/ is to build FULL web
services stack to interop with major app server vendors (including
Indigo/.NET)

-- dims

Re: WS-DM & WS-Security

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.