Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Ekbote, Niranjan" <NE...@doubleclick.net> on 2003/04/23 22:34:18 UTC

AXIS anomalies/suggestions.

These are some of the things that will help if documented.
1) First of all, WSDL generated by axis using the java:EJB provider does not
contain the method paramter names. It uses in0, in1 etc.... Of course I
don't think it is Axis' fault because the Axis uses the EJB's remote
interface's bytecode to get this info and alas the java compiler does not
generate this information in the class file for interfaces. So in effect
reading a WSDL file generated by Axis using java:EJB is a nightmare, totally
incomprehensible to the person who is looking at it. Don't know what Axis
can do to improvise on it. Any suggestions? Like having the WSDD take in the
name of the SessionBean class and using it? Right now I have to use the
<operation> tag to describe my EJBs through the Web Service. This is not
really ideal as it takes too much time.

2) It seems there is a little difference in the way Axis1.1 and Axis1.0
handles JavaBeans in typeMapping/beanMapping tags. Axis1.0 was allowed
random Java lang types to be type/bean mapped. Like I could have
java.lang.Throwable beanMapped in the WSDD. Axis1.1 just throws a NULL
pointer exception with a WSDD containing this. Seems to be that the
Introspector is throwing an exception, but would help if Axis catches and
logs that exception with the message rather than it ending it to be a null
ptr exception down the line somewhere.

3) I found the <operation> meta data tag in the WSDD quite useful and
powerful. However, I did not find any docs about its DTD or XSD. There is
very little info about it on the WSDD reference. Can someone add more info
about it in the documentation/reference. I think it is quite useful.

Thanks!

-- Niranjan.

Re: AXIS anomalies/suggestions.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Ekbote, Niranjan wrote:

> 2) It seems there is a little difference in the way Axis1.1 and Axis1.0
> handles JavaBeans in typeMapping/beanMapping tags. Axis1.0 was allowed
> random Java lang types to be type/bean mapped. Like I could have
> java.lang.Throwable beanMapped in the WSDD. Axis1.1 just throws a NULL
> pointer exception with a WSDD containing this. Seems to be that the
> Introspector is throwing an exception, but would help if Axis catches and
> logs that exception with the message rather than it ending it to be a null
> ptr exception down the line somewhere.

sounds like a bug to me...

> 3) I found the <operation> meta data tag in the WSDD quite useful and
> powerful. However, I did not find any docs about its DTD or XSD. There is
> very little info about it on the WSDD reference. Can someone add more info
> about it in the documentation/reference. I think it is quite useful.

well volunteered! Post your cvs diff -u diff files to bugzilla afterwards.