Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Greg Johnson <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/31 09:24:48 UTC

[Solved] Two SSL certs. for same web app

No, and you don't need to make any changes other than adding the extra <Connector>.  Traffic from both <Connector>s will be routed to the single <Engine> and <Host>.
>Thanks for the advice, Chuck. I did end up needing to slightly change the Host and Engine declarations to point to 'ip-address-one' in my example. So my server.xml ended up looking like this:

<Server>
<Service>
<Connector port=8080 address="ip-address-one"... />
<Connector port=8443 address="ip-address-one" keystoreFile="tomcat.keystore" ... />
<Connector port=8080 address="ip-address-two"... />
<Connector port=8443 address="ip-address-two" keystoreFile="clientn.keystore" ... />
<Engine defaultHost="ip-address-one"> <Host name="ip-address-one"> </Host>
</Engine>
</Service> </Server>

RE: [Solved] Two SSL certs. for same web app

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Greg Johnson [mailto:gregjo@yahoo.com]
> Subject: [Solved] Two SSL certs. for same web app

> I did end up needing to slightly change the Host and Engine
> declarations to point to 'ip-address-one' in my example.

That change isn't necessary.

> <Engine defaultHost="ip-address-one"> <Host name="ip-address-one"> </Host>

Since you have only one <Host>, the name attribute is irrelevant as long as it matches the defaultHost setting in the <Engine>.  The name attribute becomes interesting only when there are multiple <Host> elements; Tomcat then uses the name to select which <Host> will process a given request.

 - Chuck

RE: [Solved] Two SSL certs. for same web app

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Caldarale, Charles R
> Subject: RE: [Solved] Two SSL certs. for same web app

> Since you have only one <Host>, the name attribute is irrelevant
> as long as it matches the defaultHost setting in the <Engine>.

Should also note that the standard value of "localhost" for the defaultHost attribute is somewhat confusing; it has nothing to do with its usual interpretation of 127.0.0.1 or [::1] - it's just a character string that must match the name attribute in one <Host>.

 - Chuck

Re: [Solved] Two SSL certs. for same web app

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 31/08/2011 11:48, Pid wrote:
> On 31/08/2011 08:24, Greg Johnson wrote:
>> No, and you don't need to make any changes other than adding the extra <Connector>.  Traffic from both <Connector>s will be routed to the single <Engine> and <Host>.
>>> Thanks for the advice, Chuck. I did end up needing to slightly change the Host and Engine declarations to point to 'ip-address-one' in my example. So my server.xml ended up looking like this:
>>
>> <Server>
>> <Service>
>> <Connector port=8080 address="ip-address-one"... />
>> <Connector port=8443 address="ip-address-one" keystoreFile="tomcat.keystore" ... />
>> <Connector port=8080 address="ip-address-two"... />
>> <Connector port=8443 address="ip-address-two" keystoreFile="clientn.keystore" ... />
>> <Engine defaultHost="ip-address-one"> <Host name="ip-address-one"> </Host>
>> </Engine>
>> </Service> </Server>
>>

> Does that actually work?
>
> There are two connectors with the same port number, which shouldn't work.

EPIC FAIL.  Ignore me.

Re: [Solved] Two SSL certs. for same web app

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.