Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2002/12/06 16:51:25 UTC

Converting AI to SVG

Dear All,

Firstly, I apologise if this request is off topic for this group.

Does anyone know how to do a bulk conversion of Adobe Illustrator files to SVG files?

I have a site that is currently served using ASP and VB, and I have worked out how to
reproduce and greatly improve it using Cocoon, but cannot do it unless I can bulk
convert 500 AI files to SVG.

Any ideas?

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Converting AI to SVG

Posted by Martin Lüthi <an...@tnoo.net>.
"Upayavira" <uv...@upaya.co.uk> writes:

Sketch (sketch.sourceforge.net) imports AI and exports SVG, however I am not
sure how good the support of both formats is. It seems to be scriptable.

Hope this helps

Martin

Re: Converting AI to SVG

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Friday, Dec 6, 2002, at 15:51 Europe/London, Upayavira wrote:

> Does anyone know how to do a bulk conversion of Adobe Illustrator
> files to SVG files?

Depends on your platform I imagine, but Illustrator on MacOSX has a
rich AppleScript Dictionary, I have not used it myself, but I hear good
reports from a friend who is using it for algorithmic drawing. It could
be possible to write AppleScript to control a combination of the Finder
and Illustrator to do the job. Ask around on some appropriate
production graphics forums.

regards Jeremy