Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erik Bertelsen <be...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/06 11:21:16 UTC

Documentation nits in tc6's logging.html

Looking through the Tomcat 6 docs, I noticed the following in
logging.html about how to use log4j for logging with
extras/tomcat-juli.jar: the 4th step about replacing tomcat-juli.jar
is ok, but the 5th step about adding tomcat-juli-adapters.jar looks
like it has been copied too quickly from step 4.
Suggested fix:

 diff -c logging.xml~ logging.xml
*** logging.xml~        Sun Dec 24 10:28:34 2006
--- logging.xml Sat Jan  6 11:14:03 2007
***************
*** 93,99 ****

          $CATALINA_HOME/lib.</li>

        <li>Start Tomcat</li>
--- 93,99 ----

          $CATALINA_HOME/lib.</li>

        <li>Start Tomcat</li>

A few paragraphs further down in the same file is a reference to
Tomcat 5.5 that should probably be Tomcat 6.

- Erik

Re: Documentation nits in tc6's logging.html

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Erik Bertelsen wrote:
> Looking through the Tomcat 6 docs, I noticed the following in
> logging.html about how to use log4j for logging with
> extras/tomcat-juli.jar: the 4th step about replacing tomcat-juli.jar
> is ok, but the 5th step about adding tomcat-juli-adapters.jar looks
> like it has been copied too quickly from step 4.

This has been fixed. Thanks for the report.

Mark