Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2006/02/20 20:44:52 UTC

Looking for mentors to help with Cayenne move to ASF

Hi folks,

First congratulations with the new Tapestry TLP status!

We at Cayenne project are looking to join the ASF, with the goal of
becoming a TLP as well. The motivation is to build a wider user and
developer community and grow new synergies with other Apache
projects. There are a lot of new and exciting things going on in
Cayenne. JPA implementation and remote object persistence, just to
name a few:

http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/JPA+RoadMap
http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/Remote+Object+Persistence

and we think the move to Apache will only speed things up.

Now we are looking for allies, and more specifically 'mentors' within
Apache. Note that Brian McCallister just volunteered to help in this
role:

http://www.mail-archive.com/general@db.apache.org/msg00247.html

But the more people who support our cause within the ASF, the better.
Historically we've been pretty close with Tapestry and there is a
very substantial user base overlap, so asking Tapestry community to
help with Cayenne incubation just seems natural :-)

Andrus Adamchik

Re: Looking for mentors to help with Cayenne move to ASF

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
This is all too familiar situation. I certainly can relate. But
thanks for the moral support. If other folks from Tapestry PMC have
bandwidth/desire to sponsor Cayenne incubation, please speak up.

Andrus

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I think it is an excellent idea.  In a perfect universe, I'd charge in
and do what I could.  Alas, I've been over my head with work and
projects and can barely think straight these days!

I can say the most important thing early on is to work as a
meritocracy. It was a real state change for Tapestry a few years back.

On 2/20/06, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> First congratulations with the new Tapestry TLP status!
>
> We at Cayenne project are looking to join the ASF, with the goal of
> becoming a TLP as well. The motivation is to build a wider user and
> developer community and grow new synergies with other Apache
> projects. There are a lot of new and exciting things going on in
> Cayenne. JPA implementation and remote object persistence, just to
> name a few:
>
> http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/JPA+RoadMap
> http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/Remote+Object+Persistence
>
> and we think the move to Apache will only speed things up.
>
> Now we are looking for allies, and more specifically 'mentors' within
> Apache. Note that Brian McCallister just volunteered to help in this
> role:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/general@db.apache.org/msg00247.html
>
> But the more people who support our cause within the ASF, the better.
> Historically we've been pretty close with Tapestry and there is a
> very substantial user base overlap, so asking Tapestry community to
> help with Cayenne incubation just seems natural :-)
>

> Andrus Adamchik

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind