Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by vmx <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2013/03/10 21:22:51 UTC

couchdb pull request: Fix CORS error with attachments

GitHub user vmx opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/47

    Fix CORS error with attachments

    When attachments were returned (?attachments=true) while CORS was
    enabled and used, an error occured. The reason for this error
    were headers that were encoded as binaries instead of lists. String
    operations on binaries throw errors.

    This commit fixes COUCHDB-1689.

    $ git pull https://github.com/vmx/couchdb 1689-fix-cors-attachments

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/47.patch

----
commit b0420f9006915149e81607615720f32f21c76725

Re: couchdb pull request: Fix CORS error with attachments

Posted by Volker Mische <vo...@gmail.com>.
Code review is useful. It can also be done directly on the pull request.
Not sure if we stick to Github, or use some other reviewing tool.

Cheers,
  Volker

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Mar 10, 2013, at 21:53 , Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:

> Well, it might be a nice way for:
>
> * Non-committers to submit work (without us asking them to use Github)
> * New committers to get started before they feel confident to adopt the CTR
> model
> * Established committers to request a second set of eyeballs before the
> commit lands on master

I am all for making the current process easier, but I don’t quite see how
adding more steps helps here.

Current ways to submit work:

 - Email or link a patch to dev@ or JIRA.
 - Email or link a git commit on dev@ or JIRA.
 - Open a pull request on Github.

What are we missing?

> “without us asking them to use Github”

The situations tends to be that we need to ask people not to use Github
than the other way around.

Cheers
Jan

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
NS

Re: couchdb pull request: Fix CORS error with attachments

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
NS

Re: couchdb pull request: Fix CORS error with attachments

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
*Blinks*

My mistake... :3

--
NS

Re: couchdb pull request: Fix CORS error with attachments

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Volker,

--