Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Aaditya Thakkar <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/29 23:38:38 UTC

want to contribute

Hello, my name is Aaditya Thakkar and I am a second year undergraduate
ICT student at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, India. I have quite lately been
interested in contributing towards the open source organization and I
find your organization the most appropriate one.

I request you to please guide me through how to install your code-base
and how to get started to your organization.
Thanking you,
Aaditya Thakkar.

Re: want to contribute

Posted by "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aaditya,

You can follow below links for setting up and installing phoenix.

http://phoenix.apache.org/contributing.html
http://phoenix.apache.org/develop.html
http://phoenix.apache.org/installation.html

After that you can pick some of newbie or trivial issues and start
contributing till you get some familiarity.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1727?jql=project%20%3D%20PHOENIX%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20key%20DESC

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2338?jql=project%20%3D%20PHOENIX%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Trivial%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC

You can also go through presentations to get more familiarity.

http://phoenix.apache.org/resources.html