Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Haakon Hansen <hh...@mkt.no> on 2001/11/29 15:05:20 UTC

Installation problem.

Hi.

I have downloaded and installed Tomcat 4.0.1 (the .tar.gz file) and
checked out the latest Jetspeed from CVS (as well as downloading the
v1.3-a1 pre-built .war file)

When running Tomcat, the Tomcat examples work fine, but Jetspeed causes
it to fail with an internal error.

The exception is:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp threw exception
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:871)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:615)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)

	[...]

Root cause:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:103)
	at org.apache.jasper.parser.ParserUtils.parseXMLDocument(ParserUtils.java:183)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processWebDotXml(TldLocationsCache.java:165)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.(TldLocationsCache.java:138)
	at org.apache.jasper.EmbededServletOptions.(EmbededServletOptions.java:324)

	[...]

Any ideas?

Yours,

Haakon Hansen
Norway

Re: links in WebPagePortlets

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Mehmet,

Currently you can not use the WebPagePortlet in Jetspeed like "proxy"
server.  This is the direction of many of the request I have seen.  You
can review the posting on the Jetspeed user and developer mailing lists
related to the WebPagePortlet and "proxy" type functionality at
http://www.mail-archive.com.

Paul Spencer

links in WebPagePortlets